Entrepreneur Spotlight with Iborya Soleil

Hi guys! Welcome back to our blog. Today is the second installment of our new series where we feature goal driven individuals who aren’t afraid to take the risk needed to reach their dreams. Today our spotlight is on sultry soul, r&b, gospel you name it!... singer, Iborya Soleil. She is currently making a name for herself in South, Ga. Keep reading to learn more about this talented artist. 


1. We see so many videos of you singing online. You have such an amazing voice! Tell us a little bit about the woman behind this beautiful voice?

Well, I’ll try not to be modest but the woman behind the voice is a God-fearing woman who loves people: a social butterfly. I’m a social worker by day and a singer/comedian by nights and weekends. I’m a very spontaneous woman who loves life.

2.  How did you first discover that singing was your calling?

 I knew I could sing at the age of 10, but I didn’t realize it was a gift until I got older.

3. Where do you get inspiration and who do you admire most in the industry?

I look up to artists like Lalah Hathaway, JillScott, and Anita Baker

4. How would someone describe your singing style?

If I could sum up my singing style based off of other people’s comments, I would say that my style is versatile. I can sing jazz, neo-soul, gospel and maybe soon I will try country.

5. Singing is just one of your many talents. We also see that you give back to the community in the form of social work. Tell us what drew you to that field of work and why is it important to you?

Social work is so important to me because it allows me to wear the burdens of those who are hurting, financially disadvantaged, or simply need a listening ear. Helping others is what I feel I was created to do.

6. You've been working in social work for some time now. Looking back what would you do differently?

I wouldn’t change a thing. I have had a wonderful experience and I continue to grow day by day.


7. What advice do you have for someone who shares your interest in this field and may be looking to enter this line of work?

I would tell anyone to go to graduate school and get their social work license. I will also say that social work is not about money, but it’s about the passion and the reward of helping someone.

8. Thank you so much for interviewing with the Daily Dose 101 today. If our readers need to book you for their special occasion where can they connect with you?

They can find me on Facebook (Iborya Soleil) or via email @ iboryaj@yahoo.com!





Thanks for reading our post today! Click the share button below! Don't forget to comment. We would love to hear from you! If you know an awesome entrepreneur let us know below.

Follow us on Instagram and Facebook 

No comments