The Day My Vision Became Clear...

Vision


The day I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis was the day my life changed completely. Not in a bad way but it actually enhanced my perspective on life in general. I entered the doctor’s office that day with my mind set. I told myself that no matter the outcome that day, I would walk out with my head up and face the reality of it. Promising myself that I would not cry, I sat and listened to the doctor utter the words “well it looks like you do have MS.” At that moment my heart sunk into my stomach.

Let’s rewind back to the mid-part of this year. We were fresh off a beautiful beach vacation and I began to experience blurred vision. Not thinking much of it, I self-diagnosed myself with exhaustion.  Fast forward to a week later and my eyesight was completely fading away. This had to be one of the most intense moments of my life. However, at that time I didn’t take the normal route of crying and breaking down. I actually held myself together. For some reason I had a gut feeling that everything would work out for the good. And it did!

I had no idea what was going on with my body but my faith told me that everything would be okay. People around me were amazed at my temperament and how I was able to be so calm in the mist of all that was occurring.

Vision

At that moment I honestly believe that God was positioning me for something bigger that I could not physically see. I’ve always believe that things happen for a reason.  This moment allowed me to slow down and take note of things that were right in front of me. I had a different viewpoint on life. I now felt the need to live out loud and to grab hold of each day, minute, and second of my life. I am now ready to take on things that I was once afraid of. Now is the time to step out on faith and do the things God created me to do. Now is the time to chase my dreams.

Now, earlier I mentioned that things worked out for the better after my diagnosis. I meant that my case of MS isn’t as severe as others.  After several treatments, my vision is almost back to its original state. Yes some days are challenging but most days are pretty awesome. I keep hearing this message over and over again; there is power in the tongue.  Did you know that you have the power to speak things over your life? I honestly feel that we can change our outlook and outcome by what we say out of our mouth. Speak something good over yourself today.

My journey isn’t over but MS doesn’t consume my life. There is a saying that states “I have MS but it does not have me!” This statement is so true! At the end of the day you are what you think.


Thanks for viewing my blog today. Show us some love below in the comments. Don’t forget to share and subscribe to our blog.  


We are very social! Click these links to follow us on InstagramFacebook, and Twitter.

4 comments